With the First Front Door program, we will match your contribution 3-to-1. For every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
To qualify for funding, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer (which means you haven’t owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years – this includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years).
- Secure a first mortgage through NexTier Bank.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
Apply for a First Front Door Grant
All grants are provided by FHLBank Pittsburgh through a network of lenders like NexTier Bank. First Front Door funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To secure your funds call 1.800.262.1088